Do you enjoy contact with nature? Some people may think that those who enjoy this kind of activity don’t mind suffering various discomforts, as they take it for granted that this may be the case. Nothing could be further from the truth, they also love to have certain elements that make their adventure easier. In the following lines we want to show you what food to take to the countryside or camping will help you have a great day out.
What do you need to consider before knowing about food to take with you to the countryside or camping?
If you’re going out into the countryside, but especially if you’re going camping, you should not forget a number of items to make the most of your adventure. Although some things are very important, few are as important as food to take to the countryside or camping.
However, before we give you some tips, we want to show you what you need to be prepared to cook in the middle of nature and also to eat. Don’t forget to take all these items with you:
1. Portable cooler
Especially if you travel or go out into the countryside, a cooler is a must-have. It not only helps you to keep drinks and other food cold, but also to keep your groceries in the best possible condition. You will find a wide variety of models that work in different ways. What’s more, with this small appliance you don’t have to carry ice around your food.
2. Gas cooker
The gas cooker is a camping classic that never goes out of fashion. It can be used for both cooking and heating food. And because it’s so small, you can take it with you everywhere.
3. Portable cooker to take to the countryside
The portable cooker allows you to cook just like a gas cooker, but in a more convenient way. In most cases, they have more than one fire, which allows you to cook more than one dish at a time.
4. Portable barbecue
Another practical way to cook when camping or going out into the countryside is to take a portable barbecue with you. However, make sure that its use is permitted in the area, as the issue of making a fire in nature is very delicate. So be aware of the regulations before cooking in any way.
5. Cooking pot for eating at the campsite
Of course, for cooking you will need to bring pots, pans, casseroles and frying pans. To avoid carrying unnecessary loads, try to keep these items as small as possible, but still small enough to prepare your dishes comfortably.
Of course, you will also need to bring your own kitchenware. Here, too, you have different options. Perhaps the most convenient is to opt for disposable plates, glasses and cutlery. But if you do so, don’t forget to choose a sustainable material, such as cardboard.
7. Table and chairs to take camping
If you want the experience to be complete, be sure to bring a table and chairs so you can enjoy your meal in total comfort.
Now that you know what you’ll need, it’s time to find out what food you can bring for the day.
Which take-away or camping food will help you enjoy the experience more?
Spending a day outdoors or going camping is great, but even more so if you pack a delicious meal, these tips will help you prepare your shopping list:
- Salads: Salads are a must for eating in the countryside. But don’t limit yourself to lettuce and something else. Prepare a delicious salad with lots of attractive ingredients. A more convenient, but less affordable option is to buy ready-made salads, some of which are delicious.
- Potato omelette: Without a doubt, the potato omelette is a classic when it comes to spending a day in the countryside. It is true that you can also buy them precooked, but with all due respect, they have nothing to do with each other. Of course, cooking it if you are camping is another option.
- Breaded steaks: Breaded steaks on picnics are also a classic in your family. They also have the advantage that they can be eaten both hot and cold.
- Sandwiches to take to the countryside: Preparing sandwiches is another possibility, which is both quick and delicious. Of course, you can take them prepared from home or make them in a jiffy.
- Cans: It is true that eating precooked food is not very recommendable, but they are a good option when you go out into the countryside. You have many different alternatives and all you have to do is open and heat them up.
- Sweets of all kinds: Bringing some sweets or crisps will make your day more pleasant, don’t forget that a day is a day.
- Drinks: Drinks are a must. If you have a cooler, it will also stay nice and cool.
All the take-away or camping food we have recommended is easy to prepare and delicious. So enjoy your meal!
Leave a Reply