Do you go camping? If so, and if you do it often, you’ll want to have the right equipment. Although different items are needed to enjoy the experience, not all of them are given the same importance. Today we will focus on one that is essential and whose purchase should not be left to chance, we are referring to the portable camping cooler. Take note of all the tips we give you to choose the best one.
What should you consider when choosing your camping cooler?
It is important that you choose your camping cooler wisely, as a bad purchase can even lead to health problems. We say this because if your food is not stored properly, it can make you sick or in some cases land you in hospital.
The truth is that it is not too complicated to choose the right model, you just have to put into practice the tips we have prepared so that you can choose the best cooler for camping:
- Materials. Always opt for materials that are resistant and can withstand exposure to the sun and other adverse weather conditions. The most commonly used materials are metals, plastic or fabric. We recommend that you opt for plastic, as they tend to be more durable products.
- Model. Among the different models of coolers you will find in the market, some that are more flexible, some that are lighter and some that are made of a harder material. The latter usually retain the cold much better and are a better choice.
- Insulation. Of course, refrigerator insulation is one of the most important issues you need to consider. Polyurethane is a perfect material for retaining the cold. Of course, the fridge has to close hermetically and when using it you should also bear in mind that it is best to open it as few times as possible.
- Mobility. If you are a regular camper, you will have noticed that some campers even take small kitchen fridges with them for their holidays and in other cases you can rent a fridge of this type at the campsite itself. If none of these options convince you, what you should bear in mind is the size of the fridge you are going to buy, since depending on the use you are going to make of it, you will want it to be larger or smaller so that you can transport it easily.
- Capacity. Following on from the previous point, another fundamental aspect is the capacity of the fridge you choose. It is not the same if you are going to spend a weekend as if you are going to spend your holidays at the campsite. Nor is it the same if you are two people or a family with several children. Take all these aspects into account, as well as the type of food you will have to keep in the fridge. By considering all these issues you will be able to determine the best size for your family.
How much does a camping cooler usually cost?
As with any other product, the price of a camping cooler depends on many factors. When choosing the right model, you should not only take into account its value, but also that it meets the minimum requirements you have set for this product.
You can find really cheap models on the market for less than €30, but the quality will be limited. This is the right model if you are only going to use this product a few times and are not looking for a lot of performance.
On the other hand, you will also find other models of higher quality at a price of more than €30. At this price you will find not only a higher quality, but also a larger size and durability. It is the option to choose if you are going to use your fridge several times a year.
How should you use your camping cooler?
If you want your fridge to last a long time and in perfect condition, there are a series of tips that you should bear in mind, these are some of them:
- The day before you start your trip, place ice inside the cooler to make it more effective.
- Always use ice to increase the cooling capacity of your cooler.
- If you are using the cooler for a day in the countryside, put in food that is already refrigerated or even frozen in addition to ice.
- Always close the cooler tightly after use.
- Place the cooler in a shady place at all times.
- Open the refrigerator as little as possible.
- When the refrigerator is not in use, store it in a dry place out of direct sunlight.
- Be very careful when transporting the refrigerator so that it does not receive any damage.
Follow all the tips you’ve seen and you’re sure to choose the best cooler for camping.
Leave a Reply