Knowing the benefits of sea salt water will lead you to appreciate this element that you may have within your reach all year round or only at certain times. Surely more than once you have heard that it has a healing power. It is true and it is also something that has been known for centuries. In fact, many cultures have used this gift of nature as if it were a medicine. In the following lines we want you to discover how worthwhile it is to visit the beach as often as possible.
What are the health benefits of sea salt water?
They say that health is the most important thing and it couldn’t be truer. If you are not well, everything else is useless. There are many ways to take care of yourself and one of them is undoubtedly to know the main benefits of sea salt water, these are:
- Antibiotic and antiseptic. Sea salt water has a strong antibiotic and antiseptic action, making it very suitable for facilitating the healing of wounds, as long as the doctor does not advise against immersion for any reason. The different minerals and trace elements present in this marine environment take care of the skin and prevent infections or even improve them.
- Skin problems. As we have just mentioned, sea salt water is beneficial for healing wounds, but also for the skin in general terms. Many people live daily with problems in what is the largest organ of the body: the skin. In many cases it is a real torture and can impair the patient’s quality of life. Continuing the treatment prescribed by your dermatologist is essential, but so is bathing in the sea. We insist again that this is the case if your doctor does not advise against it. This element will help to improve ailments such as dermatitis, psoriasis or acne.
- Respiratory ailments. Many respiratory ailments improve with seawater. Note that bathing on the beach cleanses the nasal passages. In addition, the sea breeze can also clean the rest of the respiratory tract. In fact, salt water makes it easier for the lungs to eliminate toxins. Going to the beach or walking along the seashore is great when you have sinusitis, allergies, a cold or other respiratory problems. Of course, as long as you are feeling well and your doctor has not told you to stay at home for any reason.
- Relaxing. If you close your eyes, I’m sure you can remember how the sea rocked your body the last time you bathed in its waters. That constant movement, together with the waves and nothing helps to relax your muscles and the rest of your body. Many professionals recommend bathing to recover from an injury.
- The best detox. Now that detox products are so fashionable, there is no better one than seawater. It cleanses your organism at all levels, within its possibilities. Bathing at the beach purifies and detoxifies you. This is nothing new, as people in poor health have always been taken to the sea in the belief that its waters, breeze and sunshine would improve their condition. It is true that it does not work miracles, but it is also true that it has a very beneficial effect that is clearly perceptible.
- Pains. Many people live with pain. It is true that not everyone gets better with seawater, although on an emotional level they are usually better able to bear it, but it is very beneficial for patients with rheumatic complaints, such as arthritis or osteoarthritis. Moreover, in these cases, the sea is always better in warmer areas, such as the Mediterranean.
- Depression and anxiety. Emotional complaints are also one of the pandemics of this century. More and more people are facing these kinds of problems and it is a challenge to get better. In addition to medical treatment, the tranquillity of the sea, escaping for a few days from the daily routine and being relaxed will become an essential part of the therapy. We insist that it will not be the cure these patients need, but it will be a great relief.
- Insomnia. Sleep problems are closely related to those you saw in the previous point, although they can also be caused by stress. In any case, they can improve if you spend the day at the beach, if you relax your mind and body in the sea and feel the calmness of the shore. You will be more tired and relaxed when you go to sleep.
At Camping Villamar we are aware of all the health benefits of sea water, so we invite you to visit our facilities, which are very close to the beach. You will spend some incredible days and you will return home comforted on all levels.