The arrival of a child changes all your priorities, but it doesn’t have to be the reason or the excuse for not enjoying yourself as before. You can continue to do almost the same things, but in a different way. Of course, you may do less because you are busier, but you can continue to enjoy the lifestyle you loved before you became a parent. For example, going on holiday. That’s why, along these lines, we’ll show you where to travel with babies. You’ll find out what requirements your destination must meet and an option that will give you everything you need.
Where to travel with babies for an unforgettable experience?
Want a quick answer to the question: where to travel with babies? Here it is: anywhere, as long as it is safe and meets the minimum requirements.
So instead of giving you a list of cities or countries to visit, we’d rather you had a clear idea of what your next holiday needs to meet:
- Distance. We recommend that you don’t travel too long distances in a row at first. If you are going by plane, it is better not to take a transoceanic flight, although you can do it. When travelling with babies in a car, it is best not to cover too many kilometres or to make several stops so that no one is overwhelmed.
- Feeding. If your baby is still only breastfed, you will be able to move around freely. However, if your baby is bottle-fed or you have already introduced complementary feeding, your destination must make it easy for you to feed him or her without any problems. You should be able to heat the water in the bottles at any time, have your own kitchen, a buffet that offers to prepare a menu for the little ones and any other service that gives you the peace of mind of having your little one’s needs covered.
- Don’t rush. Look for accommodation that has as few fixed hours as possible. I mean, sure you can keep to a buffet schedule, but perhaps being obliged to stick to this routine every day will end up being a bit overwhelming. It is better to continue with your baby’s rhythms, which may be a little complicated if he or she is very young. But on holidays this is certainly not a problem.
- Health services. Going on holiday with a baby to an isolated area or an area that does not offer all the health guarantees your child needs is not a good idea. You will feel less worried about your child’s health if you have an outpatient clinic and hospital not too far away. Chances are you won’t need them at any time, but just in case, keep these services close by and not too far away.
- Documentation. It is always a great idea for your child to have their ID card and passport as soon as possible.
- Travelling as a family. One of the questions you have to decide is to what extent you are going to travel as a family. That is, will it be a holiday in which you will go alone with your baby or will grandparents, aunts and uncles, friends… Obviously, if you go accompanied, you will have more help, but also less intimacy. Weigh up what you expect from your holiday so that you can then choose the best company.
- Expectations. Some parents have invested a lot of money in their first holiday with a baby and then spent part of the day in a hotel room. So it’s best to be realistic and think about how much is worth the hassle of a first holiday.
- Holiday feeling. Following on from the previous point, whichever destination you choose in the end, when you return you should have the feeling of having been on holiday. The best way to achieve this is to plan a few simple days, without major commitments and with plenty of free time. The big trips may or may not come, but now is the time to disconnect from the rest of the world and connect with your baby.
Holidays with children at Camping Villamar
At Camping Villamar, we offer you everything you need to spend your first holiday with your children. A quiet environment, but at the same time comfortable. You will enjoy all the services and time. Think that these days will never come back, others will come, but the first times are always unique.
After all that we have seen, we hope that you have a clear idea of where to travel with babies on your next holiday. For our part, we are waiting for you.