Is this your first time in Benidorm? At Camping Villamar, we want your holiday in the city to be as much fun as possible. There are so many things to do in Benidorm in summer, it can be difficult to know where to start. But don’t worry, we’re here to help! Here are some ideas for things to do in Benidorm in summer.
Benidorm in summer, the best plans!
Here are 13 must-do plans that are a sure bet for your next summer holiday in the city:
- Enjoy the beach: Benidorm is known for its stunning beaches, and summer is the perfect time to enjoy them. You can sunbathe, swim in the Mediterranean Sea or even hire a paddle surf board. There are several beaches to choose from, but the most popular is Playa de Levante.
- Stroll around the Old Town: Benidorm’s Old Town is a beautiful and lively place. There are many charming shops and restaurants, as well as small squares to relax and enjoy the atmosphere. We recommend visiting the Plaza Triangular, the church of San Jaime and Santa Ana and the street Santo Domingo.
- Discover the Serra Gelada Natural Park: If you are a nature lover, don’t miss the Serra Gelada Natural Park. It’s a stunning place where you can go hiking, walk along cliffs and enjoy breathtaking views of the Mediterranean. If you’re lucky, you may even see dolphins and other marine animals.
- Have fun at Aqualandia: Aqualandia is an impressive water park and one of Benidorm’s biggest tourist attractions. There is a wide variety of slides and pools for all ages, making it a perfect place to enjoy with family or friends.
- Explore Benidorm Island: Benidorm Island is a small paradise off the coast of Benidorm. There is a small beach and a restaurant on the island, as well as some hiking trails that offer stunning views of the coastline.
- Going out partying: Benidorm is famous for its lively nightlife and there are plenty of places where you can go out and party. There is a wide variety of bars and clubs, from quieter venues to discos where you can dance the night away.
- Indulge yourself at the Municipal Market: Benidorm’s Municipal Market is a lovely place where you can buy fresh, local produce. There are many stalls offering fruit, vegetables, meat, fish, cheese and wine from the region. There are also some restaurants where you can try the local food.
- Discover Benidorm Castle: Benidorm Castle is a 14th century fortress that overlooks the town from a hill. It’s a stunning place to visit and enjoys incredible views of the town and coastline. In addition, the castle also houses a small museum where you can learn about the history of the town.
- Take a trip to Altea: Altea is a coastal town near Benidorm which is known for its beauty and charm. There are plenty of charming shops and restaurants in the old town, as well as an impressive white church with a blue ceramic dome. You can also enjoy the views from the top of the hill in the old town, where there is a viewpoint offering a panoramic view of the town and the coast.
- Take a trip to Guadalest: Guadalest is a mountain village located about 25 kilometres from Benidorm. It is known for its hilltop castle and panoramic views of the surrounding countryside. In addition, there are many museums and shops in the village, as well as a nearby reservoir which is a popular place for kayaking and other water activities. Just like Altea, it is one of Alicante’s charming villages that you can’t miss.
- Try the local gastronomy: Food is an important part of Spanish culture, and Benidorm is no exception. There are many restaurants and bars in the town offering local dishes such as paella, rice dishes, gazpacho and fresh seafood. There are also many places where you can sample local wines and other drinks.
- Take a bike route: A great option is the Serra Gelada, which we talked about earlier. This nature reserve is a stunning coastal cliff between Benidorm and Altea. It offers spectacular views of the sea, and the 11km route is a fantastic way to explore the area by bike. Just 15 km from Benidorm, you also have the Fuentes del Algar. This natural park is famous for its waterfalls and crystal clear pools of water. There are several routes for walking and sporting the natural beauty of the area.
- Enjoy Camping Villamar! In our facilities and with our services you will feel better than at home, you will remember every minute of it!