Surely you’ve noticed something: there are certain activities that make you hungry. Sometimes it is because they involve physical exertion and sometimes because they are related to snacking. Among the former is exercising and among the latter is watching TV. These are just two examples, to remind you of the food to take to the beach that will save the day. From Camping Villamar, as experts in making sure you enjoy the best holidays, we are going to give you a few tips.
How to choose food to take to the beach?
When choosing food to take to the beach there are a number of things to consider. It is important that you take them into account so that you have everything you will need for the day.
It is true that the ideal would be not to carry too much, but if you want to eat something, you will inevitably carry a little more weight than if you are just going to swim and spend some time on the sand. We also recommend that you bear in mind the following points:
- How long you will be staying. If you are spending the morning or afternoon, you will not need to bring a large amount of food. Something to snack on will be enough. It is not the same as if you are spending the whole day, you will need more food.
- Water. You should always bring water to the beach. It’s tempting to just go for soft drinks or a beer, but don’t forget to hydrate yourself well, and that can only be done with water. Well, you can also drink herbal teas or natural juices, but these are less practical for taking outdoors.
- Fridge. If you don’t have a small cooler, it will be very complicated what you can take to the beach. If you do have one, it will also depend on its size. You can bring it from home or buy it at your destination. But don’t forget to have cold blocks or ice, which should be easy to buy.
- How many of you are going. Going as a couple is not the same as going with the whole family. In these cases, and if you are staying with us, it may be more convenient to divide the beach day in two so that you don’t have to bring so much food. You can also spend the morning at the beach and the afternoon at the pool, or vice versa.
- Weather. If it is very hot, you must be careful not to spoil the food you take out of the fridge. Also, try not to eat heavy food that is difficult to digest. Something light is always best.
With these tips in mind, it’s time to find out what food you can take to the beach.
What to take to the beach for lunch?
The tips we are going to give you on what food you can take to the beach are useful, but then it’s up to you to think about how much you want to cook and the decision will also depend on whether you are staying in a hotel or in a house.
The important thing is that you take note of these ideas:
- Sandwiches. Sandwiches are a must. They are quick and easy to prepare. All you have to do is buy the bread and some sausage and you can prepare them on the beach. Just watch out for the sand.
- Potato omelette. Another classic. If you want, you can get up early and prepare a homemade omelette. When you don’t feel like it, some supermarket ones are not bad at all.
- Salad. Any salad is a good idea on the beach, because it’s cool and fresh. However, if you want to be successful, Russian salad is always a good choice. Also, if you’re out all day, you can make sandwiches in the afternoon with the leftovers.
- Watermelon or melon. Fruit is a must on a day at the beach. That goes without saying, but if there are two that are essential, it’s watermelon and melon. Above all, the former will refresh you a lot and is a practical way to stay hydrated.
- Something to snack on. Don’t forget to always bring something to snack on. Potato crisps, nuts or a healthy snack from the supermarkets. For some people, sunflower seeds are a classic. Although you should always bear in mind that the beach should be left clean at the end of the day.
- Pickles. It’s true that we could have included them in something to nibble on, but olives are a classic that you can’t forget. There are also some banderillas and any other pickles you like.
- Sweets. If you go with children, sweets are a must, but be careful that they don’t melt in the sun. Your children will be thrilled to find something sweet.
- Coffee. For many people coffee is a must after a meal. If you don’t want to have to go to the nearest beach bar, take a thermos with you.
Now that you know what food to take to the beach… Don’t forget anything next summer!