This year more than ever we all need a good holiday. So you are probably already planning your next getaway. Depending on the destination, you will need to buy different things. In the following lines we would like to show you which camping furniture is essential for a truly unforgettable camping holiday.
What are the requirements for camping furniture?
Before knowing the camping furniture you need, we want to show you a series of requirements that it must meet, these are these:
- They should be very light so that they can be easily transported.
- They must be resistant to withstand use, transport and outdoor exposure.
- Always opt for quality
- They must be safe furniture in every way.
- Try to go for functional pieces that you can use more than once.
- It should be folding furniture, which can be easily picked up.
- Try to make them aesthetic pieces that you like.
- Comfort is essential in this type of articles.
- Always go for a good price, but without compromising on quality.
Which camping furniture is essential?
Let’s start by saying that each case is different, that’s why, before choosing the furniture and the rest of the camping materials, you should take into account some questions. For example, if you are going to use it frequently or sporadically, the services of the campsite or if you have a motorhome. In any case, this is usually the essential camping furniture for most people:
- Tent. The tent is undoubtedly the most important piece of camping furniture, unless you have a motorhome, in which case you won’t need it. The first thing you should take into account is the number of people you are going to spend the night in it and also the use you are going to make of it. Of course, if you are going to spend a lot of days, go for the highest quality possible.
- Sleeping bags. Let’s face it, sleeping bags are not very comfortable. However, they can be a good option if you are only camping for a weekend or a short period of time.
- Inflatable mattress. This is clearly a much more comfortable option than sleeping bags. Consider the size in every way, whether it is big enough for the people who are going to sleep on it or whether it will fit in your tent. Also whether it will be feasible to inflate it once you arrive at your destination.
- Storage. If you are going to be spending many days camping, you will need storage for clothes, food and any other items you take on holiday. Look for practicality and functionality, and consider whether this storage will be outdoors or inside the tent.
- Kitchen. In most cases, you will need to bring a small kitchen. It can be electric or gas, it is important that you check what kind of services the campsite you will be staying at offers in this regard. Don’t forget to always use fire safely.
- Fridge. Having a fridge on the campsite is very useful, otherwise you will have a lot of problems storing food, especially food that needs to be kept cold. You will find many different models of different sizes on the market. Choose the most suitable for your circumstances.
- Table and chairs. If you prepare food at the campsite, it is logical to have a space to eat. Get a table and some chairs, as in the rest of the cases, analyse the space you need, but also its transport and storage.
- Marquee tent. Having a tent to cover the eating area or any other area will also be very useful. You will avoid having to be exposed to the sun during the main hours of the day.
- Portable shower. Most, if not all, campsites have toilets and showers. But sometimes the camping will be outdoors and you will need a portable shower to facilitate hygiene, if this is your case, don’t forget to take it with you.
- Lighting. Having your own lighting system can be very useful. So don’t forget to buy a lantern or more than one lantern to be able to move freely around the campsite at night.
- Sun loungers and deckchairs. Spending a few days at the campsite is synonymous with enjoying nature and having free time. So don’t forget to buy a hammock or sun lounger where you can lie down and enjoy doing nothing, reading a good book or sunbathing in the sun.
Now that you know the essential camping furniture, don’t forget anything on your next holiday. At Camping Villamar we are waiting for you to spend the best days of the year with us.