Some people may think that the return to routine is only for those who live in the city, go on holiday and have to go back to work. It is true that this is true, but it is also true that those who spend the whole year at a campsite have to differentiate between the time they have off and the return to their responsibilities. Even those who are already retired have to make some changes to adapt to the new season. We show them to you in the following lines.
What is it like to get back to routine on a campsite?
The return to the routine at the campsite has to entail some changes in the habits you had until now. It is necessary that you value them well so that the months become more bearable. I’m sure these tips will help you:
- Winter clothing. Cooler weather goes hand in hand with having clothes that adapt to the new temperature. It is important that you take this into account. You will probably have some of your belongings in your own home or in a relative’s home. So you too will have to do the dreaded wardrobe change, even if it’s at the campsite.
- Rainfall. Regardless of where you are, rainfall is more frequent in autumn and winter. Hence, you need to prepare both your living space and your footwear for this circumstance. However, see these days as perfect for enjoying the warmth of your home.
- Travelling. If you have to travel from the campsite to the city to work, you will have to study the roads and traffic. The best thing to do is to leave early and look for the roads with the least traffic. Yes, these are obvious tips, but they are worth bearing in mind. Especially for the first few days, after that, they will become part of your daily routine.
- Campsite services. You should also find out what services the campsite continues to offer in the low season. Surely they are not the same as the rest of the year, but if it is open, it will have the necessary ones so that you can enjoy being comfortable during those days.
- Social life. It is true that the campsite is full in summer, but the fact that there are fewer people in other seasons will also allow you to build stronger relationships. Many people have found their great friends on a campsite. It is a space that invites social life and you will surely enjoy meeting new people in a less superficial way.
- Rest. For many people the return to routine means being more tired, but for those who live on a campsite this is not usually the case. By leading a simpler life, you have fewer worries and obligations. However, if this is not your case, analyse what you are doing that makes you feel tired and change it.
- Spending time with the family. Although the return to routine means that responsibilities increase, this should not mean that there is no time for the family. In fact, being on a campsite invites you to do just that. You can relax and play board games, but also go for a walk in the countryside. If you are near the beach, there is nothing better than walking on the sand and watching the sea with your loved ones.
Of course, you may think that all these tips are great, but you’re finding it hard to let go of your time off and rest. Then the following tips for overcoming post-holiday syndrome will come in handy.
How to overcome the post-holiday syndrome and get back to the routine?
In addition to everything you have seen so far, continuing to follow these recommendations is sure to help you feel better:
- Diet. Try to eat a healthy, varied and balanced diet. If you feel weak, good vitamins will certainly help. But do discuss this with your doctor first.
- Physical exercise. Include sport in your daily routine in some way. It’s fine to go to the gym or sign up for dance classes, but if that’s not possible, go for a walk and do it at a certain pace. You will see that in a few days you will feel better.
- Focus on the good. If you go back to work, it’s because you have a job. Appreciate that even if you don’t like it very much, it is a privilege in these times. Besides, I’m sure there is something you do enjoy. Another option is to set yourself the goal of finding a new job this year.
- New hobby. Speaking of new things, there is nothing better than having a new hobby. Spend time doing something that you enjoy and that is positive for you. It is true that there are people who can give you advice on this, but you have to try to relax and forget about your responsibilities for a few minutes.
The return to routine can be hard, but if you do it by staying at a campsite, all the positive aspects will surely compensate you for the effort.
Leave a Reply